How to Transfer My Purchases from iPad 2 to PC?
|If I get a new computer or if I reformat my current one, how am I supposed to transfer all my App Store apps over? --Masky64 (ifans.com/forums)
If you purchased items from the iTunes Store and the only place you have them stored is on your iPad, you can transfer them to any computer that is authorized for your iTunes Store account. This feature adds an extra layer of protection against losing your valued purchases.
iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer is a specially designed for apple users to backup, upload, copy, save, transfer, and move iPad/iPhone/iPod contents to PC, computer or other hard drive. You can free download its trail version to try.
Part 1: Authorize the computer
If you want to transfer iTunes Store purchases from an iOS device or iPad to a computer, be sure to authorize the computer before connecting the device. To authorize, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- From the Store menu, choose Authorize Computer.
- In the dialog that appears, the Apple ID button is selected by default.
- Enter your Apple ID and password, then click the Authorize button.
Part 2: Authorize the computer for multiple accounts
If the iTunes Store purchases on your device were purchased with multiple accounts, you will need to authorize the computer for each one.
To transfer iTunes Store purchases from your device to a computer, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect your device to the computer. If it is synced with another iTunes library, the following dialog may appear:
- Step 2: Click the Transfer Purchases button.
- Important: Clicking Erase and Sync will delete any existing content currently on your device. The content will be replaced with whatever existing content is in the current iTunes library your device is connected to. If there is no content in the iTunes library, nothing will be synced to your device, and your device will be empty.
iTunes will begin copying any purchases made with any account for which the computer is authorized.
If when you connect your device you are not prompted by the dialog above, it could be that the option "Do not ask me again" was previously selected. Fortunately, there are two more ways you can copy your purchases from your device.
After connecting your device to the computer and its icon appears in iTunes, you can choose Transfer Purchases from "Your device name" from the File menu.
Or, you can right-click (Windows or Mac) or Control-click (Mac only) your device in the iTunes Source list, then choose Transfer Purchases from the shortcut menu that appears.
Please note that this feature only works for items that were purchased on the iTunes Store. Any items imported from audio CDs or acquired from other sources will not copy from your device to the iTunes library.
More info about iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer
To sum up, iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer is a very useful tool for backup all your iDevice contents effortlessly. You might need it when you want to backup/manage your iPad 2, iPhone 4S or iPad touch on your pc. You can get its full version now HERE at a very competitive price, or see more details HERE (10% discount currently).
Note: this iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer also support iPad 2 and all types of iPod/iPhone.
- download.cnet.com reviews:
- Tatol downloads: 5186
- Downloads last week: 66